Easy And Absolutely Delicious
recipe looks stunning and is full of the fresh flavours of the
We love the combination of colours that this dish produces - the black
pasta just sets it off. If you can't get black just use whatever is
available - it still looks and tastes great. Or have great fun making
your own fresh
pasta and use this sauce.
A perfect quick and easy vegetarian recipe...or you can add a little
diced Italian sausage if you like.
Why not include this in your own Mediterranean diet it's healthy and
full of goodness.
Eat well - feel full and satisfied and lose those excess pounds without
We're proud to announce our:
and stay with us in a great garden apartment on Spain's sunny
on the photo to find out more.
to cook and Experience the real Spain.
Search the Site from here:
Recipe Ingredients For 4 People
- 300g/10oz black macaroni or pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons
extra virgin olive oil
large onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 kilo/1.1lb ripe tomatoes cut into small
or a 16oz can of chopped tomatoes
strong vegetable stock
- The zest and juice of a lemon
small dried chillis ground in a pestle and mortar
tablespoons tomato purèe
frozen baby peas
bunch of basil, roughly chopped
and ground black pepper to taste
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
- Cook the pasta according to the packet
- Heat the olive oil in a largish skillet or
frying pan over
a high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until starting to
stirring really well all of the time.
- Turn down the heat and continue cooking
the onion is soft and browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, stock, lemon zest and
juice, chilli, tomato purèe and some seasoning.
up the heat to high again, and allow to
bubble, stirring regularily for about 8 minutes, until all the
ingredients are cooked and the sauce has reduced and is quite thick.
- Add the peas.
back to the boil and simmer for another 2
- Stir in the basil and remove from heat.
- Return your cooked, drained pasta to its
cooking pan and pour in the sauce.
- Mix well and check for seasoning, adding
- Serve immediately ....with a little grated
parmesan if you like.
Enjoying the website?
Please like us on facebook, we'd really appreciate it.
Like our Site?
us on Facebook
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
We Will Travel To Cook!
Personal Chefs Marbella