Best Fried Potatoes That You Have Ever Tasted
Do you want to make
the most delicious crunchy golden brown Mediterranean fried potatoes
that you have ever tasted....simular to the pomme de terre sautée in
France, or patatas salteadas in Spain.
Then all you have to do is follow this quick and easy step by step
recipe and you cannot go wrong.
Serve them with any meal...they go with almost everything. Once you
have made them you will be hooked, so beware!!
Great for vegetarians as well as carnivors.
Search the Site from here:
Potatoes Recipe Ingredients for Four People
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 8 medium sized potatoes, peeled
- 1 flat teaspoon salt
extra pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic - optional
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs - optional
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Potatoes Recipe Method
- OK - first put the rinsed, peeled potatoes into
a medium sized pan, cover with water, and add the salt. Put the lid on
the pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for
about 8 minutes.
- Right - drain all of the water from the
potatoes, put the lid back on to the pan and give it a really good
shake so that the outside of each potato looks very fluffy.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle,
cut them into approx 1/2 inch slices.
- In a large fry pan/skillet pour about a 1/2
inch of the olive oil, set over a medium to high heat.
- Put your oven on low, as you will need it to
keep each batch of potatoes warm until you have finished cooking them.
- When the oil is hot enough arrange some of the
slices in the pan, don't try to cook too many at a time, make sure you
have room to turn them over.
- Fry until golden brown and crunchy on one side,
then turn over and cook the other.
- Once ready, remove and place on an oven tray
lined with kitchen roll to soak up the excess fat. Put into the oven.
- Repeat this process until all the potatoes are
up the oven to high, remove the kitchen roll from the baking tray,
sprinkle with a little salt, and return the potatoes to the top shelf
of the oven for about 5 minutes.
- If you want to give a stronger Mediterranean
flavour to the potatoes, before you return them to the oven sprinkle
the dried garlic and mixed herbs evenly over them, and then put them
- Serve immediately....Absolutely delicious!
from Fried Potatoes Recipe to the Homepage
to Potato Recipes
Like our Site?
us on Facebook
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
We Will Travel To Cook!
Personal Chefs Marbella