Recipe - Quick & Easy Delicious Wholemeal
This is a great
wholemeal flatbread recipe.
Not only is it really easy....the results are just
fabulous. It's a very important part of our Mediterranaen Diet
contains far more
nutrients than white bread. There are lots of different recipes
around....with this one you get to choose if you want a traditional
individual portion....or a more unusual thicker, lighter version. Just
follow our simple methods below.
Why not include this in your own Mediterranean diet it's healthy and
full of goodness.
Eat well - feel full and satisfied and lose those excess pounds without
Search the Site from here:
Here are 2 methods. One using a bread machine and the other by hand.
1 cup/8oz/225g plain flour
1 cup/8oz/225g wholemeal flour
7g sachet yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup/250ml water
- Put all of the ingredients into the breadmaker
in the order that they are listed.
- Set the machine to its most basic mix
programme - about 15 - 20 mins.
- Once it has finished leave it in the machine
until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove from the breadmaker.
- Punch dough down. Knead for 30 seconds.
- For a
thicker lighter bread roll out dough into a large rectangular shape
approx 40cmx30cm and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Or, for thinner
individual breads divide dough into six equal portions using oiled
hands, then shape each portion into a flat round, about 12cm in diameter. Place
them onto two oiled oven trays.
- Cover trays loosely with plastic wrap and leave
in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Bake in a hot oven 220c/425f/Gas7 for
20 - 25 mins for the larger size or 15 minutes for the individuals,
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine flours, yeast
and salt in a large bowl. Add water and mix well, then form into a
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5
minutes, until smooth.
- Place dough into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover
with plastic wrap and rest in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled
- Punch dough down. Knead for 30
- If you want a thicker, lighter bread.... roll
out the dough into a large rectangular shape approx 40cmx30cm and place
on an oiled baking sheet.
- Or if you want thinner individual breads divide
the dough into six equal portions using oiled hands and shape each
portion into a flat round, about 12cm in diameter. Place onto
two oven trays.
- Cover tray/trays loosely with plastic wrap and
leave in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 20 - 25 mins for larger
size or 15 minutes for the individuals, until golden.
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Enjoying the website?
Please like us on facebook, we'd really appreciate it.
Like our Site?
us on Facebook
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
We Will Travel To Cook!
Personal Chefs Marbella