Recipe From The Mediterranean
Recipe With Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, Capers, Olives, Basil &
cannot be beaten for flavor and looks absolutely stunning.
The fillets are grilled and served with a light, healthy and delicious
tomato sauce that has all the taste of the Mediterranean.
It is a really quick and easy dish that you will want to make again and
We usually serve it with our baked
potato recipe and a fresh green vegetable or a crisp dressed
Why not include this in your own Mediterranean
Diet it's healthy and
full of goodness.
Eat well - feel full and satisfied and lose those excess pounds without
Search the Site from here:
Recipe Ingredients for Four People
- 1lb/1/2 kilo ripe tomatoes roughly chopped or
16oz can whole
good tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, bashed
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
pint/450ml strong vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato purèe
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of fresh basil roughly chopped, or 1
- 1 tablespoon capers
- About 10 black olives, halved and pitted
recipe can really be used for any fish fillets.....we've made it with
hake, snapper, tilapia, any good fresh fish fillet is fine.
- Allow about 6 oz/175g sole fillet per
and ground black pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for greasing the foil
and grilling the fish
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
- Wash the fish fillets under the
tap and dry off
with kitchen paper.
- Put to one side until you have cooked the
- Fry the onion in the olive oil over medium heat
until softened and then turn down the heat and add the garlic.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring well.
- Add the fresh tomatoes - or open the can and
pour in the juice, then roughly chop the tomatoes in the tin with a
sharp knife, and pour into the pan.
- Add all of the other ingredients except for the
basil, capers and olives.
- Allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring
- Remove the bay leaf and discard, add the basil.
- Blend the tomato sauce with a stick blender, or
any type of food processor until not quite smooth. It's better for the
sauce to retain some texture.
- Add the olives and capers and put to one side.
- Place enough well greased foil on to your grill
pan to accommodate the fish fillets.
- Arrange the fillets evenly on the foil, season
with salt and ground black pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil over them.
- Place under a pre heated hot grill for about 5
minutes....depending on the thickness. Rule of thumb is 10 minutes per
inch of thickness.
- Insert a cocktail stick into the centre of the
thickest fillet. If there is no resistance the fish is cooked....if
not, cook for a little longer and test again.
- Re heat the sauce gently, bring it to just
under the boil.
- Arrange the fillets evenly between 4 warm
- Top with the sauce and serve immediately.
- This also goes really well with our brown rice recipe.
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information