Recipes By Country
- Tell your story
Rice Recipes - Healthy and Delicious - Easy To Cook
absolutely love experimenting with brown rice recipes. It's such a
versatile food, with its mild, nutty flavour, and the health benefits
from eating it regularily are legendary.
It contains far more
nutrients than white rice because, in the milling process, only the
outside husk(bran)is removed, whereas all of the husk layers and the
germ are removed from the white, leaving mainly starch and little
Brown rice is a great source of B vitamins and minerals,
helps prevent different cancers, aids in the lowering of cholestrol,
the risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It is full of
healthy heart fibre.....and much more.
Why not include this in your own Mediterranean diet it's healthy and
full of goodness.
Eat well - feel full and satisfied and lose those excess pounds without
Search the Site from here:
Rice Recipes Easy Cooking Method
- Brown rice (whichever type you prefer) short or
- Water – use at least four cups of water for
every one cup of rice(or one part rice to 4 parts water)
- Salt – to taste
Or if you are short of time why not use a rice cooker.
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Our delicious Mediterranean Brown Rice Recipe serves 4 people
as a main course or more as an accompaniment.
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold running
water for a minute, swirling the rice around with your hand.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a large pot
over high heat.
- When water comes to the boil, add the drained
rice, stir it once.
- Reduce the heat to medium and boil, uncovered,
for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, pour the rice into the
strainer over the sink.
- Let the rice drain for 10 seconds, until most
of the water has gone, then return it to the pot, off the
- Immediately cover the pot with a tight-fitting
lid and put it to one side to allow the rice to steam for 10 minutes.
(If your pot lid isn’t extremely tight, place a piece of aluminum foil
or baking parchment over the pot then place the lid on top of it. This
makes a tight seal and allows the rice to steam and absorb any liquid
that is left.)
- After ten minutes, uncover rice, fluff up with
a fork, and season with salt to taste.
- Use straight away or you can store it in a
plastic container in the fridge and use whenever you like...it keeps
for about 5 days.
Mediterranean Brown Rice Recipe
- A good tablespoon extra virgen olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into smallish dice
- 3 fat cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini/courgette, cut into smallish
- 5 medium mushrooms, washed and roughly chopped
vegetable or chicken stock cube, well
- A handfull of coriander, chopped
- 1lb/500g cooked brown rice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan, optional
a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally,
for 2-3 minutes until translucent, then add the red pepper.
- Continue cooking and stirring for 3 more
minutes, turn down the heat to medium and add the garlic and the
crumbled stock cube. Stir well while cooking for another 3
- Add the courgette and mushrooms turn up the
heat again to medium/high, keep stirring for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the cooked brown rice, a little
seasoning and most of the coriander.
- Mix well together...you may need to turn the
heat down if things start to stick.
- Keep stirring until the rice is really hot and
the ingredients are evenly mixed together.
- Check for seasoning.
- Pile the rice onto a large serving platter and
sprinkle with the remaining coriander and a little grated parmesan if
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment or ask a culinary question in the box below.