quiche recipe should be packed with all of the
things that taste and remind us of those lovely sunny countries....well
thats what we thought anyway.
So we developed one that we think really does that. Using red pepper,
mushrooms, black olives, tomato, garlic, anchovies, capers, fresh
herbs, chilli and parmesan. A real blast of colour and delicious
flavours all encased in a crumbly, buttery pastry case. Make ahead of
time for a great starter or lunch idea...what could be quicker or
Why not include this in your own Mediterranean
Diet it's healthy and
full of goodness.
Eat well - feel full and satisfied and lose those excess pounds without
Search the Site from here:
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Quiche - Ingredients for Six People
Make up half the recipe of our crumbly
shortcrust pastry, or use a good quality store bought pastry.
- Half a red pepper de seeded, 6 button mushrooms
cloves garlic peeled - all sauteed gently in a little olive oil until
- 3 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons tomato frito/passata
- 1 dried chilli bashed into powder
- A teaspoon of chopped oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 anchovies cut in half lengthways
- 6 halved stoned black olives
- 12 capers
- Coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- Right - roll out the pastry until it's about 2
- 3 millimetres/ 1/8th inch thick.
- Have a 6 cup cake/bun tin. Using a cutter or a
sharp knife, cut out 6 rings of pastry that are about 5 millimeters/
1/4 inch wider than the width of the cups in the tin.
- Line each cup with a ring of pastry, pressing
the pastry well into the base, making sure that there are no cracks or
holes, and that the pastry case sides are crimped about 5
millimeters/ 1/4 inch above the rim of each cup. (See photo below) This
is to allow for shrinkage during baking.
- Line the pastry cases with some
greaseproof paper and fill with ceramic pie weights, baking beans or
- Bake blind in a pre heated oven at 400f / 200c
for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the grease proof paper and pie
weights/beans/rice and return to oven for a further 10 mins. The pastry
should be a pale golden brown.
- OK - take out of the oven and allow to cool.
Mediterranean Quiche Method
- Slice up the cooked peppers, mushrooms and
garlic and evenly divide
between your cooked pastry cases.
- Whisk up the eggs and tomato, adding the
chilli, salt and oregano.
Divide this mixture between the cases.
- Garnish the top of each quiche with the half
anchovy, 2 halves of
olive, 2 capers and finally a sprinkling of the cheese. (See photo)
- Place back in the oven at 400f/200c for a
further 10 minutes or until
the quiches are set and a golden brown.
- Serve warm with mixed salad leaves. Great with
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information