Chocolate Tart Recipe
for a decadent, wonderfully delicious, chocolate tart recipe .....look
no further. It's really quick and easy to
make, and then, if necessary, can be stored in the fridge in its tin
for a couple of days till ready to serve.
I made it for the great
party we had to christen our new outside kitchen, and it went
down really well.
only need a small portion as it is very rich. Great served with a big
bowl of lightly whipped double cream that has been flavoured with a
little amaretto liquer.
Search the Site from here:
Tart Recipe Ingredients
(This makes a party size tart that will easily feed 15+ people, if you
want one to serve 6-8 people just half the recipe and reduce the tin
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
- A little melted butter for greasing the tin
- 200g small almond macaroon biscuits, or use
little Amaretti biscuits
- 650g best quality dark chocolate
- 7 tablespoons liquid glucose
- 7 tablespoons rum or I sometimes use brandy
- 770ml double cream at room temperature
- You will need a 10"/25cm high sided (or 7"/25cm
smaller one) cake tin that is lined with a circle of foil and then
evenly greased with the melted butter including the sides of the tin.
- About 6 tablespoons of rum, or brandy for
soaking the macaroons
Chocolate Tart Recipe Method
- Take approx 3/4 of the biscuits, crush well,
and sprinkle them evenly over the base of the tin.
- Melt the chocolate with the glucose and
rum/brandy by gently buzzing in the microwave, removing and stirring
regularily, or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water - make sure the
bowl is not touching the water. Keep stirring till completely melted.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk the cream in another bowl until it starts
to just slightly thicken.
- Fold half of this into the chocolate, then fold
this into the rest of the cream.
- Pile this mixture into your lined and greased
tin and evenly spread it out so that it is as flat as possible, and
cover with cling film.
- Put this into the fridge to set....about 3-4
hours. (This can happily sit in the chill for 2 days - great
if you want to make ahead of time.)
- Bring out of the fridge about an hour before
serving for it to acclimatize.
- To serve, run a sharp knife around the outside
edge of the tart.
- Then turn it over carefully and tip it out on
to a serving plate, it actually comes out quite easily.
- Carefully soak the remaining macaroons/amaretti
biscuits in the chosen liquor and arrange around the edge of the tart
with a couple in them in the middle....see picture.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream.
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information