just love this stunning Mediterranean seafood bisque recipe. It takes a little
time to prepare and make, but I promise you it's really worth it.
We always make it the day before and it tastes even
better. The colour and flavours are just amazing.
Want something really knock
out for that special dinner....look no
further this is it.
Serve it with our authentic
recipe and crunchy croutons for
maximum taste sensation!
Search the Site from here:
Fabulous Seafood Bisque Recipe
for 4 People
shell on uncooked prawns/shrimp, shelled reserve the heads and shells
white fish cut into inch cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 1 small carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 plump clove of garlic chopped
- 100ml. carton single cream
- A little olive oil for frying
- 1 lemon, juice of, keep the rest of it and use
it in the stock>
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 Carrot roughly chopped
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 bottle medium sweet white wine and the same
amount of water
- A handful of roughly chopped parsley
- The shells and heads from the prawns
- 2 cloves
- 4 cloves garlic bashed
- 2 bay leaves
- The remains of the juiced lemon
For the rouille
- 1 small baguette cut into thin slices
- Olive oil to fry
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Bisque Recipe Method
- OK first peel your prawns and reserve them for
- Now make your stock by placing all the
ingredients into a largish pan and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer well for about 15 minutes while
occasionally crushing the shells and heads with a wooden spoon.
- Strain through a seive and discard all of the
- Lightly poach 4 of the prawns in the stock
until just cooked, then put them aside in a warm place for garnishing
the bisque later.
- Now in a large pan fry off the onion, leek,
carrot and celery, in a little olive oil until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, and add the garlic, cook for a
further 5 minutes.
- Now add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the prawns/shrimp and white fish and poach
for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whizz until smooth
with a stick blender.
- Add the cream and check the seasoning.
- Keep warm if you want to serve it now....or
when cool put into a plastic container and refrigerate for serving the
- Mix all the ingredients for your rouille.
- Make your croutons by frying the sliced
baguette in some olive oil over a medium heat till golden, place on
kitchen paper to drain and sprinkle evenly with the
- Serve ladled into warm bowls
garnished with a cooked prawn and a shake of smoked paprika, with the
croutons and rouille served on the side.
Served with croutons and
rouille on the side
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information