Recipes By Country
- Tell your story
a salmon en croute with a Mediterranean twist... then this is it.
We use filo pastry as it makes a much lighter version of the recipe and
gives an extra crunchy texture.
This recipe is quick, easy and delicious, absolutely great for a dinner
party to really impress your friends.
We also serve a tasty little sauce on the side that gives it just that
Another great Mediterranean
Search the Site from here:
Salmon En Croute Ingredients
For 2 people
- A little olive oil for frying
- 150g fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- A small dried chilli, chopped
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or a tablespoon fresh,
- 1 tablespoonspoon fresh chopped coriander
- A good pinch nutmeg
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 sheets filo pastry 480 X 255mm
- Melted butter
- 2 salmon cutlets, skinned and boned, weighing
about 150g/6oz, sprinkled with a small amount of salt and a grinding of
- 1 very thin slice of lemon cut in half
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Salmon En Croute Method
You could be eating this with us in sunny Spain.
- First put a little olive oil into a fry pan and
add the spinach, followed by the chilli, lemon juice, dill, coriander,
nutmeg and seasoning, cook all together until the spinach is wilted.
- Pour all of this mixture into a seive and
press well with a wooden spoon over a mixing bowl until all of the
excess liquid has been drained off and it is as dry as
Put the liquid and the spinach to one side.
- Lay out one sheet of filo pastry lenghthways on
a clean work surface and brush well, all over, with the melted butter.
- Fold in half from left to right and brush again
evenly with more melted butter.
half of the cooled spinach and place in the centre of the pastry, top
with a salmon cutlet and then the half slice of lemon.
- Fold the pastry up over the salmon and squeeze
the ends together until you have a sealed parcel (see picture above).
Put on to a greased baking sheet.
- Make another parcel with the remaining
- Brush the parcels evenly with more melted
and place in a pre heated oven 200ºc/400ºf, on quite a high shelf.
- Whilst they are baking make the sauce.
- Put the spinach liquid into a small pan and
bring to the boil. Add the wine and allow to reduce to half.
- Add the extra dill, then the mustard and honey.
well and remove from heat.
- After 15 minutes remove the salmon en croute
from the oven. (We like our salmon still slightly pink in the middle,
but if you prefer it well done bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the sauce on the side.
- This dish goes really well with a baked potato and some rocket
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment or ask a culinary question in the box below.