Recipes By Country
- Tell your story
Roast Pork Loin
Rustic Mountain Food Recipe
slices of tender
juicy roast pork loin.
A tasty herby garlic crust. Aromatic sweet and savory fruit sauce.
Pam and I discovered this dish as we drove down to St.Tropez after a
wine tasting trip to the Rhone Valley.
The smells and tastes of this magic recipe have
stayed with us ever since.
stopped to eat in Ramatueille, a walled mountain village just 5 or 6
miles above the cosmopolitan resort of St.Tropez, playground of the
This chance stop rewarded us with one of the most memorable meals we
had had in years.
The pork was roasted in a wood burning oven, fed by off-cuts of the
local Grape Vines.
That warm, balmy evening we relaxed after our long drive - eating the
pork and drinking chilled glasses of Cote de Provence Rose.
for Four People
- A lean piece of Pork Loin, about 2
- Two Cloves of Garlic, finely
- One Teaspoon each of dried
Thyme, Marjoram and Sage
Ounces of good Bacon
Fat or Butter will do
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Three Ounces of Good quality
- One Tablespoon of Balsamic
- Twelve Small Button Mushrooms
- Three Ounces of Brandy
- One Cup of good Chicken Stock
- One Teaspoon of Corn Starch
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Pork Loin Method
- OK - Make sure your Pork Loin is
of any fat or gristle
a sharp knife make a series of diagonal cuts along the top of the meat,
about 1/2 an inch apart and 1/4 inch deep - now repeat the cuts
diagonaly the other way. You will end up with diamond shaped cuts all
- Now turn the meat over and do the same on the
- Rub the Bacon fat or butter all over the meat -
making sure to rub it well in.
- Now roll the loin in the dried herbs and garlic
- sprinkle with salt and grind plenty of black pepper all over.
- In a large non stick fry pan
the meat all
over for about ten minutes and then
transfer to a
preheated oven at 180ºc./350ºf. for twenty minutes
remove from the oven using a thick oven glove and let it rest
for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce - it's really easy.
all the ingredients except the corn starch into a pan and boil to
remove any remaining alcohol from the brandy. Slake the corn starch in
a little cold water and add it - bit by bit - to the sauce - until you
achieve the desired consistency.
- Place the meat on carving board and cut into
- Spoon equal amounts of sauce on to four warm
dinner plates and arrange 2/3 slices of the Pork on top.
to Pork Recipes | Back
from Roast Pork Loin to Home Page
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment or ask a culinary question in the box below.