Recipes By Country
- Tell your story
Delicious Creamy Risotto Recipe That is Really Quick and Easy
You don't have to
look too far on the Italian Mediterranean for a mouth watering risotto
Actually, contrary to popular opinion, they are not difficult
to make at all.
Start with our tasty, quick and easy basic recipe,
afterwards there are many variations you can try, by adding different
Great for vegetarians.
We will be adding more similar delicious risotto's soon, so
keep an eye
out for them.
Why not include this in your own Mediterranean diet it's healthy and
full of goodness.
Eat well - feel full and satisfied and lose those excess pounds without
Search the Site from here:
Recipe Ingredients for Two People
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
sticks celery finely sliced
cloves garlic, bashed
- 3 or 4 button mushrooms thinly sliced (optional)
- 7oz/200g round grain rice
and ground black pepper
- 700 ml strong vegetable stock (in a pan over a
gentle heat so that it stays hot)
- 1 glass dry white wine or vermouth (add this to
the stock and keep hot but do not boil)
- A handfull of chopped parsley
- 2oz/50g grated parmesan
- 1oz/25g butter, softened
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
- OK - fry the onion and celery in the olive oil
in a medium sized heavy based pan (that has a lid) over a medium heat,
until they are
- Add the mushrooms, if using, and continue to
cook for 2 minutes and then add the garlic turning the heat down so
that it cooks gently for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the rice and seasoning and cook for another
stirring constantly until it goes opaque.
- Turn up the heat to medium again.
- Right - start adding a little of the stock/wine
mixture a small ladle at a time, stirring constantly.
- As the rice simmers it will reduce down, then
add another ladle of the hot liquid.
- Keep doing this, making sure that the risotto
is well reduced before adding more liquid, and you will find the rice
mixture begins to look creamy (as the rice cooks out) until all of the
liquid has been added.
- This usually takes about 15-20 minutes
- Add the butter , parmesan and parsley and stir
till evenly mixed and melted into the rice.
- Remove from the heat and put the lid on the pan
and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes - this allows all of the flavours to
mingle with the rice, and produces a creamier risotto. Check for
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan if
desired and a green dressed salad.
- This goes particularily well with our herb crusted fish (where you could
use fish stock instead of vegetable)
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment or ask a culinary question in the box below.