Rack of Lamb with a Red Wine, Redcurrant and Herb Sauce.
chops recipe, using racks of lamb, is really quick and easy
and absolutely delicious.
It's perfect for a dinner party as it can
be quickly prepared before your guests arrive, and finished in the oven
when they are chatting with a drink before you serve the meal.
sauce can be made while the meat is resting. Then its all ready to
serve with your choice of vegetables.
It really will impress your
We like our lamb pink, but if you like it more well done, no problem,
just follow our recipe.
Search the Site from here:
Chops Recipe Ingredients For 4 People
- 2 French trimmed racks of lamb (your butcher
will be able to do this for you)
- 2 tablsp olive
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
Chops Recipe Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 heaped teasp each of coriander seeds
and cumin seeds ground together in a pestle and mortar
- 4 large sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 2 tablsp redcurrant jelly
- 100 ml red wine
- ½ of a lamb stock cube
- 1 flat teasp cornstarch/cornflour slaked with a
- Salt to taste if necessary
- 4 sprigs of rosemary for garnish
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
prepare the lamb. Cut away all of the thick layer of fat on the
outside of each rack of lamb, taking with it the thin sinewy layer of
meat underneath – this will leave you with a thick meaty fillet and a
fatty layer that lies against the bones.
- Score the fat layer on each rack to help it
crisp. Season well all over.
- Heat the olive oil in a large
stick fry pan over a
high heat. When very hot, add the lamb and sear for 2 minutes each
side, until browned all over.
- Move to a large
roasting tin, and allow to cool
for a few minutes.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in
a bowl, and using your hands, press the marinade mixture into the meat
of each rack until it is evenly coated on both sides.
- Put the lamb into a pre heated
oven at 240 C/
220 C Fan / Gas Mark 9. For medium rare/pink allow 10 – 14 mins. Allow
20 minutes for well done.
- Remove tin from the oven and cover with foil.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Put the redcurrant
jelly into a saucepan over medium heat and allow to melt into a runny
consistency, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually stir in the red wine until evenly
mixed, and crumble in the stock cube.
- Turn the heat to high and allow the sauce to
bubble and reduce.
- Drain off any meat juices and marinade mixture
that have leached from the lamb during resting, put through a seive and
add to the sauce. Continue to reduce for a few more minutes and remove
from the heat. Gradually stir in the slaked cornflour and return to the
stirring until thickened. Check for seasoning, and add more salt if
- Cut the lamb into cutlets and pour a neat pool
of sauce on to each of your 4 warmed plates, arranging the cutlets
neatly on top. Garnish each plate with a sprig of fresh rosemary. Serve
immediately with your favorite vegetables......Fabulous!!
- Goes well with our scallop potatoes recipe.
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information