Duck Breast Recipe
Recipe with Mediterranean Red Wine and Black Cherry sauce and Crispy
Duck Skin Crackling
a great way to cook a plump duck breast and have some crispy crunchy
duck crackling skin. Keep the fat from the skin and use it to fry the
Serve it with some herby mashed sweet potato and lightly
cooked brocoli. Just for fun you can stick the crispy skin into the
mash like wafers in an ice cream.
The sauce is absolutely perfect for duck, sweet, savoury, aromatic and
so easy to make.
A superb Mediterranean dish - healthy, easy and quick.
Search the Site from here:
Breast Recipe Ingredients For Two
the Mediterranean Duck Breast Recipe Sauce
- 1 Large duck breast - 1-1/2lb./650g. or 2 x
325g. - skin on.
- 1/2 a medium onion - sliced.
- 1 clove of garlic - chopped.
- 2 tbsps of good quality black cherry jam.
- 1 Glass of red wine - 125ml. and the same of
duck or chicken stock.
- 1 piece of star anise.
- Olive oil to fry.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 lb./450g. of sweet potato peeled and cubed.
- 1 Head of brocolli - in floretts.
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Breast Recipe Method
- OK - remove the skin from your duck breast,
sprinkle with a little
salt and roast in a medium oven for about 20-30 minutes - we normally
put it on a baking tray, put another baking tray on top and weigh it
down with an earthenware dish. This stops the skin curling and keeps it
flat. The skin will be rigid and crispy when it comes out.
- Cut the duck crackling into wafers and keep
- A lot of fat will come out of the skin, so pour
it into a good non-stick pan, with a metal handle, on a medium
- Brown the duck breast all over in the fat and
then put the pan in
the oven at 275ºf./140ºc. for 10 - 15 minutes until it is about medium
rare. Longer if you want it well done.
- Meanwhile make the sauce and vegetables.
- Fry off the onions in some olive oil and add
the garlic and star anise.
- Now add the stock, wine and cherry jam and
reduce to the required consistency.
- Pick out the star anise and bin it.
- Boil the sweet potato in lightly salted water
until tender - then drain and mash with a little butter.
the brocolli to the boil in lightly salted water and as soon as it
starts to boil - take it off the heat and let it sit for five minutes.
Then drain and refresh with cold water.
- Right - spoon some of the sauce onto two warm
dinner plates - slice the duck breast and arrange on the plates.
- Put a scoop of mash on one side and poke two of
your crackling wafers into each one.
- Finally - reheat the brocolli floretts in the
microwave and arrange them artistically on the plates.
- Serve and enjoy.
Back to Duck
Recipes | Back
from Duck Breast Recipe to the Homepage
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information