I have to admit that we adore this chocolate
eclair recipe. When
I made these for the website we both gorged a couple as its not
something that we would normally allow ourselves to eat. Absolutely
delicious. You have to have a little treat occasionally, don't you
agree? This recipe
looks long but it is very easy, and is the best one that we have made
yet. You can use this recipe for Profiteroles as well....see the Method below.
Enjoy! ... Pam
Eclair Recipe - Choux
- 1/2 cup/120 ml water
- 3 ozs./60g. plain flour
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 1 cup/250ml. double cream
- 2 tsps. vanilla sugar or caster
Eclair Recipe Method
- 3 ozs./75g. good dark chocolate
- 3 tsps. butter
- 3 ozs./75g icing sugar
- 2 tbsps. water
the Chocolate Eclair Recipe Choux Pastry
- Preheat your oven to 400ºf.200ºc/ Gas 6.
- Pour the water into a medium saucepan and add
- Place the pan over a medium heat, and as soon
as the butter melts, turn up the heat and bring to a boil.
- Add all the flour in one go and take the pan
off the heat.
- Stir well until the flour has blended in
with the liquid and the mixture leaves the sides of
- Leave the mixture to cool
slightly, and when
the dough is warm to the touch, start beating in the eggs, a tablespoon
at a time.
- You can use a wooden spoon, or if you want to
be less energetic use an electric hand mixer
- When you've added all of the egg, the pastry
glossy and have a almost dropping consistency.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a
1cm plain Nozzle and pipe finger lengths,
about 5cm long onto a
greased baking tray.
- Leave about 3cm space between each eclair, as
they need space to puff up in the oven.
- Bake the eclairs for about 15 minutes before
turning down the heat to 190C/gas 5 for another 10 minutes. They should
be golden brown and well-risen.
- Remove from the oven and pierce each éclair
with the point of a sharp knife, so that the steam can escape without
making the pastry soggy.
- Leave to cool on a Wire
the Filling and Topping
- Whip the cream with sugar until thick and spoon
into a piping bag fitted with a star
- Pipe the cream into the éclairs and place in
the fridge to firm up while you make the icing.
- Tip the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and add
the butter. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until
- Add the sieved icing sugar,a little at a time,
stirring constantly (you may need to add the water if the
mixture gets too thick, before
you add all of the icing sugar, if not add afterwards) Use an electric
hand mixer if it's
- When completely smooth spread the icing over
the top of each éclair and leave on one side until set.
- You can also make profiteroles with this recipe
by teaspooning the pastry on to a greased baking tray and baking,
filling and topping in the same way.
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information