Risotto - Our Own Special Recipe Packed With Mediterranean
risotto recipe is creamy, light and delicious.
If you are a seafood lover this will be your heaven. It's packed with
fish and all the different taste's of the Mediterranean.
Do not be put off by people who say these are difficult to make.... our
version is pretty straight forward, and definately worth the effort.
Just follow our easy step by step instructions and you will have a
special dinner dish to remember.
Why not include this in your own Mediterranean diet it's healthy and
full of goodness.
Eat well - feel full and satisfied and lose those excess pounds without
Search the Site from here:
Risotto Ingredients For Two People
- 1 lb/1/2 kilo shell raw jumbo shrimps/king
prawn - shell and de-vein all but 4 of them as these will be used to
garnish the finished dish. Keep the heads only, for the stock
raw mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 4 ozs/125g small clams
- 4 ozs white fish.....hake, cod or simular...cut
into approx 2"/5cm pieces
- 700 ml stock you can use a fish or vegetable
stock cube if you like
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Approx 12 strands of saffron
- 1 glass dry white wine or vermouth (add this to
the stock, after cooking
the fish, and keep hot but do not boil)
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, bashed
- 7oz/200g. round grain rice
- Salt and ground black pepper
- A handful of chopped parsley
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Risotto Recipe Method
- Put the stock into a medium sized sauce pan and
bring up to the boil over a high heat.
- Add all of the fish cook for 2 minutes only
then remove from the pan and put into a bowl covered with a plate to
- Now add the prawn heads and simmer for 5
minutes. Remove from the stock and discard.
- Add the dill and the saffron to the stock and
turn the heat
down to low, then add the wine or vermouth. Keep the stock hot but
under the boil.
- Now fry the onion and celery in the olive oil
in a medium sized heavy based pan (that has a lid) over a medium heat
until they are
translucent. This Le Creuset pan is perfect.
- Then add the garlic and cook for a further
- Add the rice and seasoning and cook for another
2-3 minutes stirring constantly until it goes opaque.
- Turn up the heat to medium again.
- Right - start adding a little of the stock/wine
mixture a small ladle at a time, stirring constantly.
- As the rice simmers it will reduce down, then
add another ladle of the hot liquid.
doing this, making sure that the risotto is well reduced before adding
more liquid, and you will find the rice mixture begins to look creamy
(as the rice cooks out) until all of the liquid has been added.
- This usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Add all of the the fish except the shell on
prawns and the mussels, and gently mix together
from the heat and put the lid on the pan and allow to rest for 3-4
minutes - this allows all of the flavours to mingle with the rice, and
produces a creamier risotto. Check for seasoning.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with the
whole prawns and the mussels on the half shell.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information