Seafood Pasta Recipe
A great seafood pasta recipe will transport you and your guests
straight back to the Mediterranean. The smell is just fantastic: garlic
and wine, mixing with basil and onion and the fresh prawns (shrimp),
clams and tomatoes.
This is a really authentic recipe we have tried to make it as
simple and easy to prepare as possible. It is a bit of work to make
homemade pasta but do give it a go, there's something magical
and totally different about it, although the dried stuff is a great
you're in a hurry and you can get really good results if you follow the
instructions on the packet.
We're proud to announce our:
and Mediterranean Cooking Courses.
and stay with us in a great garden apartment on Spain's sunny
on the photo to find out more.
to cook and Experience the real Spain.
not normal to include Parmesan or any other kind of cheese with
fishy pasta sauces but if you prefer it with cheese - go for it.
if you want to try make your own pasta, here's the trusty machine I've
been using for years
Our idea is to combine the Mediterranean flavours that you like and not to
be too bound by convention.
for Four People
- 1 Recipe of our homemade
pasta, or 400g./120zs. of dried Tagliatelli.
- 500g./1lb.2ozs. of live
- 500g./1lb.2ozs. of good quality Prawns
- 1 medium sized onion sliced.
- 2 plump cloves of garlic - finely chopped.
- 4 small vine tomatoes - quartered.
- 10 Basil leaves - shredded.
- 1 cup/250ml of dry white wine.
- 4 Tablespoons of good quality olive oil.
- 1 Teaspoon of corn starch (cornflour) slaked in
a little cold water.
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
- OK - cook the onion slowly in half the olive
oil in a large non stick fry pan.
the garlic and carry on cooking - the
onions and garlic should be soft but not browned.
- Now add the wine and reduce by two thirds.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for two minutes.
- Throw in the Prawns and stir until they begin
to change color.
- Now the clams - vognole - almejas - and stir
until opening up.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pan of
boiling water for about 2 minutes - or follow the instructions on your
dried pasta packet.
- Depending on how much liquid you have left,
either: toss the pasta with the sauce and serve into warm pasta bowls
thicken the sauce with the corn flour first.
Back to pasta Recipes | Back
from Seafood Pasta Recipe to the Homepage
Enjoying the website?
Please like us on facebook, we'd really appreciate it.
Like our Site?
us on Facebook
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
We Will Travel To Cook!
Personal Chefs Marbella