Pam's Spicy Fish Casserole
by Pam Turner
Waterzoi de Poisson (Fish Casserole with spices)..
Serves 4 people: 30 minutes to prepare & cook
400 – 500g fillets of firm fish (monkfish)
250g prawns and/or crayfish tails
1 small fennel (300g)
300g slim carrots
2 shallot onions
2 x 125g Greek yoghurt
1 cube / fish stock
1 soup spoons Garam Masala spices
3 soup spoons olive oil
salt & pepper
Rice or potatoes
1. Finely chop the onions and cook them in the casserole for 5 minutes, in the olive oil
2. During this time, cut the carrots into slim batons and cut up the fennel.
3. Mix in the Garam Masala spice to the onions and stir for 1 minute, then add the other vegetables (carrots & fennel). Mix for another 1 minute before adding 50cl of water. Bring to a simmer then add the fish stock cube. Cover and leave for 5 minutes on a low heat.
4. During this time, cut up the fish and remove any bones.
5. Add the fish, prawns/crayfish tails to the casserole, mix well and leave for 5 minutes.
6. Make a small hole in the middle of the casserole and add the Greek yoghurt, stirring in slowly. Bring a low simmer again for another minute.
7. Season to taste and add some chopped coriander, keeping some to dress the dish.
8. Serve with rice and add coriander to decorate.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Visitor's Own Best Mediterranean Fish Recipes.