and Wrapped in Jamon Serrano
stunning monkfish recipe
will wow your friends and family and it's quite easy
to make. The firm meaty fish
contrasts beautifully with the salty
ham, the sweet
red pepper stuffing and the acidity
of the lemon and lime sauce. Highly prized on the Mediterranean, the
monkfish boasts firm resilient flesh and is ideal
for grilling and roasting. We first thought of this recipe when we had
some extra fussy friends coming for Christmas lunch. They turned their
noses up at the traditional Christmas fare and were expecting something
out of the ordinary. Well, they weren't disappointed. The Roasted
Monkfish Recipe went down a treat and they even insisted on having the
recipe. So here it is for you .... give it a try you'll love it!
Another lovely Mediterranean
Search the Site from here:
for Four People.
- One whole monkfish - filleted and trimmed of
- 4 Ounces of jamon serrano, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 1 Onion - finely chopped.
- 2 Cloves of garlic - finely chopped.
- 1 16oz. Jar of roasted red peppers.
- 1 Small glass of dry sherry
- 2 Tablespoons of EVOO (extra virgen olive oil)
- 1 Teaspoon of tomato puree
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped flatleaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped coriander
- 1 Clove of garlic - chopped
- A little EVOO to fry
- 1 Lime - juice and zest.
- 1 Lemon - juice of.
- 2 ozs. Butter from the
fridge - chopped into 1/2" cubes
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
- OK - First you make the stuffing.
- In a medium non
stick fry pan sweat the onions
off in the olive oil until soft.
- Reduce the heat add your garlic - cook for a
further five minutes.
- Add the red peppers (the preserved ones are
even better than fresh for this recipe).
- Then add the sherry and tomato puree and cook
until reduced to a sticky paste.
- Leave it to cool to room temperature.
- Now - on a
roasting tray - arrange your slices of jamon
in a row overlapping to keep the stuffing in.
- Then spread with the stuffing all over the
- leaving some to go between
the Monkfish fillets.
- Right - put your Monkfish fillets on top of
the jamon slices - spread the rest of
the stuffing between them and
squeeze them together.
- Now - carefully roll the Monkfish in the
Jamon until you have a sausage shape.
- Roast in the oven - at 350f/175c./Gas 4 for
- Meanwhile make the sauce - cook the garlic
gently in the oil.
- Add the parsley coriander, lemon and lime and
reduce until almost dry.
- Then whisk
in the butter
until you have a gleaming sauce.
- Now you're ready to serve - spoon some of the
sauce onto 4 warmed plates.
- Cut the Monkfish into steaks and place on top
of the sauce.
- Serve....and wait for the praise!!!!
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information