Meringue Pie Recipe
Pie.....this recipe is guaranteed to WOW your guests.
looks fantastic as you bring it to the table, and when you cut a slice
it looks even more amazing. It is the best we have ever seen or tasted.
We're lucky enough to have our own lemon tree in our
courtyard , so we're
constantly looking for more lemon recipes to
share. This one is, in fact, a very old favorite.
The sharpness of the
lemon curd contrasts with the sweet crunchy meringue and the crumbly
Why not spoil yourself with a spoonful of double cream.
Search the site for more great Mediterranean recipes here:
for the Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
the Lemon Curd Filling
the meringue topping
- 6ozs./150g caster sugar
- 5 tblsp. cornflour....plus a little
mixing into a smooth cream
- 4 large lemons, the juice and the zest finely
- 100ml water
- 5 large egg yolks
- 4/ozs./100g. unsalted butter melted
(This may seem a lot but it really gives this pie its
- 5 large egg whites
- 300gm caster sugar
Make up one recipe of Pam's
Famous, Crumbly Shortcrust Pastry,
or use a good quality store bought pastry. This recipe will make one
large 10"/24cm. Lemon Meringue Pie.
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
- roll out the pastry and line a 10 inch Flan/Quiche
Dish, making sure
that the pastry on the sides is about 1/2 inch above the rim of your
dish (this allows for shrinkage during baking).
- Line the pastry case with the greaseproof paper
and fill with baking beans or pie weights, evenly
spread out over the
- Place on a baking sheet into a pre heated oven
at 400f / 200c and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the grease proof paper and baking beans
and return to oven for a further 15 mins reducing the temperature to
- OK - take it out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Mix the cornflour and the sugar together and
add a little water to mix it into a cream.
- Put the lemon juice, zest and the remaining
into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir
the cornflour mixture into the lemon mix.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and stir well
until the mixture has thickened and boiled.
- Remove pan from the heat and beat in the butter
and egg yolks.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil
stirring well all of the time.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool
slightly, about 5 mins.
- Pour mixture into your cooked, cooled, pastry
- Place egg whites in a large bowl and beat with
an Electric Hand Mixer, or if using
a Food Processor use the whisk
until standing in stiff peaks.
add the sugar spoon by
continuously, until all of the sugar has been added to the mix.
- Pile the meringue on top of the lemon mixture,
and spread it evenly over the whole of the flan, making sure that there
is no lemon mixture showing at the edges.
- Using the back of a spoon make small peaks all
over the surface of the meringue.
- Place onto a Baking
Sheet and bake in the oven
at 150c /300f for 30 minutes.
- Then turn down to 120ºc /250ºf for a further
hour. It should be a very pale golden brown and feel crispy to the
touch. (I always leave it in the oven for a longer time at a lower
temperature as the meringue is crisper and much more stable, and is
happy to sit for several hours without sinking or losing its shape).
- Allow to stand for at least 20 minutes before
- Use a very sharp knife and take care when
serving for best results.
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information