Recipe al Forno
- Bechamel -
Pam's Superb Mediterranean Lasagne Recipe.
In this Lasagne Bolognese al
the combination of pasta sheets and tomato-meat sauce, topped with
creamy bechamel, then sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan and
breadcrumbs and baked in the oven, makes one of the World's Classic
Dishes. We just love it!
Our version is easy to make and a winner every
NEW - For the super-healthy version of Easy Lasagna Recipe visit our new website EasErecipes.com
Recipe Ingredients for Four People
Makes Four very
generous portions or six medium portions.
- 1lb. ground beef
- 1 Large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic mashed
- 116oz. Can of chopped tomatoes
- 2ozs. strong tomato paste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 Teaspoon
dried chilli powder
- 1 Lemon - juice and grated zest
- 1 Glass of red wine
- 1 Teaspoon each of
dried thyme and marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil for frying
- 15 Sheets About
8ozs of lasagne
- 2oz. plain flour
- 2ozs. Butter
- 1pt. Milk
- 1/2 A beef bouillon cube
- 1 Good pinch nutmeg
- Freshly grated
the Site from here:
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
If you would like to make your own pasta check out our great fresh
- Right - Let's make the Bolognese sauce
First...fry the onion in the olive oil in a non
stick fry pan - about
five minutes until it softens.
- Now add the meat - mixing and stirring well to
make sure that all the lumps are removed - about a further ten minutes.
- When the meat and onion mix is nicely browned
turn down the heat and add the garlic - stir for three minutes more.
- Now add all the other ingredients except the
lemon juice, and let the sauce cook out at a simmer for 45 minutes.
from the heat and stir in
the lemon juice
- Line an 8" x 12" x 2" lasagne
baker or ovenproof casserole with
lasagne and spoon on a third of the sauce until evenly covered.
- Repeat until you have three layers of pasta and
a layer of sauce on top making sure you leave room for the bechamel.
- Now cover tightly with foil and bake in the
oven for 30 minutes at 400ºf/200ºc.
- Meanwhile make the bechamel.
- In a small
saucepan, melt the butter over
medium heat, add the flour and
stir well until the mixture is cooked and you have a thick paste. Take
off the heat.
- Add the stock cube and half the milk bit-by-bit
stirring all the while.
- Then whisk in the rest of the milk and the
nutmeg - keep whisking until you have a smooth creamy sauce. Bring back
to the boil stirring all the time until the sauce has thickened. Put to
- Now - getting close - take the foil off your
Lasagne and spoon on the bechamel - cover with the cheese and crumbs.
- Finish under a hot grill
until golden brown. Ready
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information