of Salmon Recipe
is a Spanish dish of marinated fish or meat with vinegar, wine,
spices and vegetables.
Originally brought to Spain by the Moors, there are now versions all
around the Mediterranean. "Escabecio" in Italy, "Savoro" in Greece and
"Scabetche" in North Africa.
We're using Salmon for our version but you could use Sardines,
Mackerel, or Tuna. You can also use meat, such as Chicken, Rabbit and
It's really a kind of pickle and will keep for several weeks covered in
Delicious cold as a Summer lunch with salad, you can also eat it warm
as a light supper.
Eat well - feel full and satisfied and lose those excess pounds without
undue effort with this great Mediterranean
We're proud to announce our:
and stay with us in a great garden apartment on Spain's sunny
on the photo to find out more.
to cook and Experience the real Spain.
Search the Site from here:
Diet for Health and Fabulous Vegetable Flavours
for Two People
- 900g./2lbs. of Salmon fillets
- 4 Tbls. of good olive oil
- 2 tsps. of salt
- 3 tsps. of Soft brown sugar
- 1/2 a pint/10fl.ozs. Of dry white wine
- 1/2 a pint/10fl.ozs. Of white wine vinegar
- 1 Medium onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 Carrot cut in Julienne (matchsticks)
- 1 Small red bell pepper in Julienne
- 2 Star Anise
- 12 Black peppercorns
- 12 Coriander seeds
- 2 Cloves
- Salt and black pepper to season
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Salmon Escabeche Recipe Method
this and other great food, relaxing under the sun, with us in Spain.
- OK - season your salmon fillets lightly with
salt and freshly ground black pepper and brown them in the olive oil
and leave to one side.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients - minus the
wine, vinegar, sugar and salt - to the pan and fry until golden.
- Add the wine, vinegar, salt and sugar and boil
until reduced by half.
- Arrange the Salmon fillets in a shallow dish
and pour over the marinade, making sure that the fish is covered with
- Cover with cling film and let it cool.
- Refrigerate overnight and you are ready to eat!
have Special Offers on our
Spanish Cooking Breaks site for single people, couples and groups. No
Enjoying the website?
Please like us on facebook, we'd really appreciate it.
Like our Site?
us on Facebook
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
We Will Travel To Cook!
Personal Chefs Marbella