Mediterranean Cod Recipe
Mediterranean cod recipe makes an elegant and healthy dish that is
really quick and easy.
Baby clams, dry white wine and a little chilli make it light
and tasty..... sure to appeal to every seafood lover.
Once plated up it is as pretty as a picture.
We serve it with a fresh green vegetable and our own crusty brown bread to mop up the
Another great Mediterranean
We're proud to announce our:
and stay with us in a great garden apartment on Spain's sunny
on the photo to find out more.
to cook and Experience the real Spain.
Search the Site from here:
For 2 people
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
- 1 glass of dry white wine, and the same measure
of fish stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small dried chilli very finely chopped
- 220g/8oz baby clams that have been allowed to
sit in a bowl of cold water to expel any sand.
- 2 x cod fillets weighing approximately 220g/8oz
each, boned and skinned
- 1/2 red pepper very finely sliced.....as fine
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Cornflour/cornstarch slaked with a little water
for thickening the sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cod Recipe Method
You could be eating this with us in sunny Spain.
- Pour the wine and stock into a medium sized fry
pan and bring to the boil
- Add the garlic and chilli and simmer for 2-3
- Add the clams and simmer until they just open.
Remove them with a slotted spoon so that any cooking liquor drains back
into the pan. Remove the half shells and dispose of them, keeping the
clams covered and warm.
- Add the red pepper to the pan and allow to
simmer for 5 minutes
- Put the cod fillets into the pan and bring back
to the boil. Turn down and allow to simmer for 2 minutes, turn over and
simmer for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the lemon juice and coriander and check the
seasoning, adding more if necessary.
- Re heat the pan liquor to the boil and thicken
to the required consistency with the cornflour/cornstarch mix.
- Put the cod and clams back into the pan and
reheat very quickly.
- Take 2 warmed bowls and place the cod in the
centre with the clams arranged around it, then pour over the sauce.
- Serve immediately with crusty brown bread, brown rice or potatoes of your choice.
could be learning how to make this and many other delicious
Mediterranean recipes..... and eating them in the sunshine.
one of our courses at: Spanish
have Special Offers for single
people, couples and groups. No single supplement!
Enjoying the website?
Please like us on facebook, we'd really appreciate it.
Like our Site?
us on Facebook
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
We Will Travel To Cook!
Personal Chefs Marbella