If you want a
dessert recipe to die for, this chocolate cheesecake recipe is the
It's quick and easy to make and absolutely gorgeous.
Once you've tasted it you will be hooked! It has a special
Mediterranean twist as we have used grated orange zest and Cointreau.
We are also using a mixture of cream cheese and mascarpone, for a
richer Italian texture. Finishing off with hazelnuts and/or almonds.
This makes a party sized pudding that will serve 10-12 people...but
believe me the leftovers won't be around for long!
Search the Site from here:
Mediterranean twist to this delicious chocolate cheesecake
for 10-12 Portions
the recipe if you want a smaller 6 portion
- 1 x
400g/14oz packet chocolate digestive biscuits,crushed
- 75g/3oz butter, melted
- Extra softened butter to grease the tin
- 400g/14oz cream cheese
- 400g/14oz mascarpone cheese
- Icing sugar to taste...usually about a
- 300g/10 1/2 oz milk chocolate, best to
use 35% cocoa solids
- 100g/3 1/2 oz dark chocolate, best to
use at least 70% cocoa solids
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau, Triple Sec or
any good orange liquer.
- Finely grated zest of an orange
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 100g/3 1/2 oz white chocolate
- A handful of hazelnuts or/and roughly
chopped blanched almonds
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
Cheesecake Recipe Method
- Mix the crushed biscuits and butter together in
a bowl with the back of a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Lightly grease a 23cm/9in springform tin with
the extra butter.(Use a 12cm/5in for half the recipe)
- Spoon the mixture into a the base of the tin
and press down very hard all around until flat and even in thickness.
- Mix the cream cheese, mascarpone and icing
sugar together in a bowl.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate(not the white) in
a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the
bottom of the bowl does not touch the water
- Pour a quarter of the chocolate into a jug,
stir in the oil, then set aside and keep warm. (The chocolate can also
be buzzed in the microwave for a few seconds if it cools down.)
- Place a big spoonfull of the creamy mixture
into the bowl of the remaining chocolate and stir until well combined.
Keep adding the mixture, one big spoonfull at a time, and mixing it
vigourously until the chocolate mixture becomes smooth and silky and
you have added all of the creamy mixture.
- Beat in the liquer and the orange zest until
- Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base and use
the back of a large spoon to smooth the top, pressing down so that no
gaps remain. Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for 20 minutes, or
until the chocolate top begins to firm. The cheesecake can also be
placed into the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl
set over a pan of simmering water and pour into a small jug and make
sure the jug of milk chocolate is still runny.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and pour
the milk chocolate on top, spreading it out as you go until the top is
completely covered. (I usually tilt it from side to side, letting the
chocolate run over and completely cover the filling.)
the nuts evenly over the top and then drizzle the melted white
chocolate in swirly patterns over the top of the cheesecake. If you
feeling a bit more artistic take a tooth pick and swirl some more to
get a marbled effect!
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge and allow
to set for about 2 hours.
- To remove the cheesecake....run a sharp knife
that you have just dipped into hot water all around the edge, and push
- Serve with cream.
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information