Bread Recipe - Quick, Easy, Delicious Wholemeal
You really have to
try this brown bread recipe.
Not only is it really easy....the results are just fabulous. Once you
taste this wholemeal loaf you will never want to buy shop bread again.
It's a very important part of our Mediterranaen Diet because it
contains far more
nutrients than white bread. This is because, in the wholemeal flour
milling process, only the
outside husk (bran) is removed, whereas all of the husk layers and the
germ are removed from white flour, leaving mainly starch and little
Wholemeal bread is a great source of B vitamins and minerals,
helps prevent different cancers, aids in the lowering of cholestrol,
the risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It is full of
healthy heart fibre.....and much more.
Why not include this in your own Mediterranean diet it's healthy and
full of goodness.
Eat well - feel full and satisfied and lose those excess pounds without
Search the Site from here:
It's so much easier using a bread machine (but we have included
instructions for doing it by hand) then I prefer to
the dough from the machine
and shape it
myself, allow it to prove, and then bake it in my own oven. It looks so
much more home made and rustic. However you
can let the machine do it all for you if you want.
- 1 cup/8 fl oz hand hot skimmed milk
- 3 tablespoons hand hot water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgen olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14oz/400g wholemeal flour (If it is 100%
use half wholemeal and half white flour mixed. In Spain it is a 50/50
mix in the packet.)
- 1/2 ounce/7g easy blend dried yeast
- Put all of the ingredients into the breadmaker
in the order that they are listed.
- Set the machine to its most basic mix
programme - about 15 - 20 mins.
- (If you are doing it by hand just put all the
dried ingredients into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and
pour in the liquids. Using your hands bring the mixture together until
it forms a dough. Put onto a floured surface and knead until
smooth...about 5 minutes. Put back into the mixing bowl and cover with
cling film. Leave to rise till double it's size. Then go to step 5.)
- Once it has finished leave it in the machine
until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove from the pan on to a floured surface,
give it a quick knead and then make into the desired shape.
- Place onto a well oiled baking sheet/pan.
- Cover with lightly oiled cling film, and leave
to prove until double the size.
- Remove the film and brush the top of the loaf
with a little olive oil.
- I like to lightly score the top with a sharp
knife, or you can leave it plain.
- Bake in the oven at 200ºc/400ºf, middle to high
shelf, for 15-20 minutes.
- Check that it's ready by lifting it up with an
oven glove.... when you tap the top and the bottom of the loaf it
- Leave to cool on a rack.
- Put all the ingredients into the
breadmaker in the order that they are listed.
- Set the machine to the recommended
programme for mix and bake wholewheat/meal.
- Your loaf will be ready in
approximately 3 1/2 - 4 hours depending on the type of machine.
- Remove and allow to cool on a rack.
Feature: Printer Friendly Recipe Pages for your
If you like what you see on our site, please Like
us on Facebook - We'd really appreciate it!
Personal Chefs Marbella
Let Us Cook For You!
the Photo To Learn More
Hen Party Catering
In Your Marbella Villa
on the photo for information
Pam and David Help Make
Katies Hen Party Go
With a Bang
on the photo for information